AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a single skinny vertical line about 1/3 of the way in from the left side of the projected image with my ECP4000. It is distracting once you know that it is there. How can one tell if the line is burn-in? Are there other possible cause for this? Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanx.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Is it on all three tubes? Try using the H Move control and see if the line moves. If it does, it's not a burn. If it doesn't, it probably is.

Chuck

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The line doesn't move when I move the image horizontally. :(

It doesn't seem to be on all three tubes but it is definitely happening when running just the green tube. It is hard to tell with the red and blue tubes but it doesn't show up as far as I can tell.

Thanx for the reply; I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have this line on my ecp4500 . i was runing it from the s-video of my dvd player and it was a1/4 of the way in on the left and very visable .

i now run it in rgb from my htpc . it is now 1/3 of the way in and not quite as visable . the line on mine dos not move with the image move keys . it dose move with the keystone though i think .

try using the keystone . if the line gos in top of bottom with the keystone then it is probably the same as on mine . sems to be more visable the higher the contrast and brightness is set .

try boosting the signal and redusing the brightness contrast on the pj . if it is the same thing this will help

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey Guys,

This line seems to make it's appearance on electrohomes when the set has been really dialed in. Boosting the tubes almost into blooming will mitigate the problem to a certain degree, but it will shorten your tube life, and not really give you a true fix for the problem; it will just mask it. I haven't heard a good explanation of why this occurs, nor how to really solve it (Sorry! :( ).

Darrin

·
Premium Member
4,671 Posts
What does the line look like? Is it a hard line of on/off pixels or kind of faint and an inch or two wide?

This sounds like the clamp circuit on the neck boards that comes on during horizontal retrace. When I was playing around with ways to get rid of the "right side of the screen is brighter than the rest when image is black" problem, one solution left me with a faint vertical line off-center. This is the point where the clamp turns off and it makes the video signal "bump" a bit resulting in the vertical white line. It happens during retrace, which isn't blanked, and showed up only when the image was dark or black.

Cary

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cary, the line is skinny (less than 1/8" wide). There is color there but it is lighter than the rest of the image. During dark scenes, I cannot see the line. During 'light' scenes, I see the line.

I'll play around with it a little later to see how it responds to certain adjustments. Thanx guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been able to solve this problem bt keeping the projector "Brightness" setting below "50" and using the brightness setting on the video processor "Brightness setting to get the correct pluge setting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.