AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read alot of posts about sintra and they all say to paint the sintra they say

not to use it by itself as a screen but they dont say why. Is it that there is

hotspoting? Has anybody compared it to Wilsonart DW. I'm only asking because

I can get a sheet of sintra (4'x8') for free and was thinking if it would be a good

temp. screen until I decide on a perm. screen. My set-up is: Sanyo Z5 projected

onto White -"no-seam" photography paper (whitch BTW looks pretty damn good)

from 13' away. Set-up is in Living room that has white walls and cieling.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks tiddler - I would still like for someone to answer my question - what is it

that they dont like about the sintra.

Even tho the sintra will be free its gonna be a pain to get into my apartment.

So before I go thru the trouble I just wanted to know if it was that bad.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
now your in my neck of the woods...

sintra is the common name for rigid expanded pvc. other names for it are komatex, komacel, and celtex, among others. different names equates to different manufacturers. different manufacturers version of sintra equates to different finished products. some have a fairly smooth surfaces with plenty of surface sheen and hotspots easily... while others have more texture and are a more flat white with no hotspotting. bottom line is, unlike the quality control of wilson art dw, you just don't know exactly what it is your getting.

now are far as performance, if you can find a sintra sheet with little to no surface sheen, then it has the same comparable performance to dw, parkland plastics, and do-able. it is a white screen through and through. i personally find the image to be a bit soft and slightly out of focus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.