AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does onyone get any useful data on their T150 Guide? I usually get "no data" or at most the station ID repeated again. Is this a T150 problem or inherent in the current state of Seattle DTV?

· Registered
532 Posts
In Silicon Valley, almost no broadcaster puts out any useful guide information. KQED has the same info over and over, "HDTV Demonstration and Programming," and KICU actually has real titles and show info. It's not the SIR-T150's fault.

· Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Sean - I assumed that was the case (we are in the infancy stage) but I had not seen/heard any reports about my area.

· Registered
308 Posts
I'm in Chicago, with the same STB, and only once in a while will you encounter a channel which sends out information that your STB can display. Plus, this guide takes 1-2 minutes to get itself together.

· Registered
532 Posts
It's a pleasant surprise (to me) to hit the guide button (then take my time to make a martini), then come back and be able to actually display info for a show. The capability, when fully supported by broadcasters, will be really nice. Right now, it's faster to just channel-surf on the T150. :)

· Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also employ the martini procedure. Funny how after 2 or 3 you don't really care if the guide found anything useful or not. BTW, when this stuff is really ready for prime-time, will the guide still have to scan all the channels in memory or will every channel carry a complete lineup? If it has to scan all channels I need to stock more vermouth.

· Registered
3,080 Posts
On my DTC-100 (RCA) I do not get guide data from the Seattle area OTA digital stations. At one time I recall seeing very limited data from KCPQ (channel 18-2) listing 3 or 4 hour blocks of "digital programming" but I do not see that now on KCPQ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.