AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was changing stations with our SIR-T150, channel 32-1 (Fox) would not come in, the unit is locked on that channel, or steps back to 31-1 then back to 32-1. It resets itself trying to lock in. I cannot changd channels, bring up the menu or anything. Powered the unit on/off several times. Un-plugged the unit from the wall and tried, no luck.

Anyone know how to re-boot the unit or is it fried?

Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Tom,

One of my units did something similar when it received some corrupted PSIP info from one of our local DTV channels. I ended up leaving it unplugged for 2 or 3 days, and then re-scanned all the channels and everything was alright. This may not resolve your issues, but it's worth a try.

Rudy

·
Registered
344 Posts
The unit is not fried. There is another thread about this. You have to disconnect the antenna and turn it off and on. I thought mine was fried too. As long as the antenna was connected it remained locked. Couldn't access a menu, change channals or get any picture. A call to Samsung offered no suggestions. I had to remove 32 from the channal list to keep it from happening again.

Good luck

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine came loaded with 1.8 I believe, will double check if I can get a picture!!!???

·
Registered
42 Posts
TS45- Do you still get sound? I live in Munster and my T-150 locked up Sunday nite, no picture or sound. I disconnected antenna and power for a short time, but it didn't help. I will try disconnecting both for a longer period and see what happens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It happened to me a couple of days ago. Same channel also. I haven't been home to play with it but I will try the suggestions later tonight.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My T150 is version 1.8 and it locks up on WFLD like everyone elses. Seems like Fox is shutting down just about every Samsung box in Chicago...

Power down, remove the antenna, power up, tune to a different channel, reconnect the antenna, then never tune to fox again until they fix the problem. :)

Their PSIP generator died and they borrowed one from WITI, Milwaukee. Evidently something is not quite right yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.