AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is 7 weeks since I received the certified mail receipt for my Samsung SIR-T150 rebate request.

Today, I finally see a status for my request at
http://209.69.149.201/egcheckstatus/checkstatus.asp

Description: SAMSUNG/HDTV TUNER $100 DEPT T

Amount: 100.00

Rebate Status: Request in Progress

Maybe in another 7 weeks I will see a check.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The rebate form says allow 10 to 12 weeks for a check to be mailed. At least your name shows up on the list. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Personally, I despise mail-in rebate offers - especially those that demand your original receipt. They add from almost zero to negative inducement for me to buy. Once I had to threaten legal action to get a $300 rebate of my own money back, and then it was about six to nine months late. If more than $20, send it certified & signature return.

------------------

..Rick

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine finally showed up too after 6 weeks.

Well, you can't expect them to be in any hurry!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
My rebate application was sent in end of August. Now more than 15 weeks later I still don't have the rebate. The web site has shown that my application "Request is in Progress", but it's been like that for weeks. I decided to call and the rebate people claim that there is some kind of hold-up/problem with Samsung - but no further detail.

How are the rest of you doing with your rebates?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got my rebate about the same time as some of the others. Seems they may operate in fits and starts, so keep the faith.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mailed my rebate form on September 6, 2001. Was told that it was "entered into the system" on October 2, 2001. Just got my check in the mail on Monday, December 31, 2001. Total wait: 16 weeks and 4 days.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
My form was mailed on August 12th, and I received my check today. The 20 weeks is the longest I've ever had to wait for a rebate.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Well I finnally got my rebate today after 18 weeks!

Now I hope that Samsung customer service can replace my defective remote faster than that - it's been 8 weeks so far. I know I'm going to have second thoughts about buying another Samsung product.

Ed

·
Registered
651 Posts
I sent mine 12/14, no records of it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.