AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a Samsung Sir-ts160. Today I opened it up and realized that it doesn't have very good aspect correction options. It only allows you to either have black bars on the side, or stretch it out. The Zeneth and Sony have a mode that stretches it better (more on the sides and less in the middle) I would prefer to have that option. I was told that you can get upgrades through your satelite. My question is, do you think it is possible that they can, and will, add that feature to their box or should I sell it and buy one of the others?

Thanks for the help

John

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
If your not happy with the way it stretches the picture, then return it, IMO I do not stretch any picture. I hate when all the people look short and fat, OAR all the time....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hang on to it for now. The box to have will be the new HD DirecTivo's. These won't be out until next spring, so hang on to the Sammy until then, then upgrade.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Most HDTV's support the adjustments you are looking for when connected RGB or DVI. If the HD receiver and TV both supported this level of alignment, you would get into an alignment mess in a hurry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.