·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

HERES THE PROBLEM.GOT UNIT TWO DAYS AGO, WHEN USING ANALOG

AUDIO OUTPUTS IT IS FINE,AS SOON AS I PLUG A COAXIAL OR OPTICAL

OUTPUT INTO IT I LOOSE ALL AUDIO.DOESNT MATTER WHERE I SET THE

SET UP IN THE MENU.IF I DISCONNECT ANALOG,STILL NO AUDIO...THIS IS THE SECOND UNIT TO DO THIS.FIRST ONE SENT BACK TO DIRECTV.NOW I'M THINKING IT'S SOMETHING I'M DOING WRONG.HELP!!

THANKS,

ALEX:confused:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have both analog audio (red & white) and digital optical hooked up at the same time with no problems on the 160.

What is the optical cable running to? Maybe the problem is with the Audio receiver or the cable.

'

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am presently having the same problem on my 160. I know it is not my receiver, because my B&K auto-detects the digital signal for all my other components (DVD and HTPC). Analog works fine, digital (either optical or coax) I get nothing.

Help anyone?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hum. Confirm your menu setup. I have the 160 with analog audio jacks and Dolby Digital optical (Toslink) plugged into my Yamaha. Everything works fine. I have audio set to DD in the menu setup of the Samsung.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny,I am using a B&K Ref 30.Could it be the processor?? I plugged another (not HD)Directv Reciever in with optical/coaxial outs and it works fine!! Maybe the B&K has a problem with the Samsungs Digital Audio output?

Alex :confused:B&K

·
Registered
10 Posts
Folks,

Im having the same problem with my Ref 30....RCA analog works fine until I plug in a digital cable (either optical of coax) then the ref gets confused. works for a digital station but not analog. BTW, I had a toshiba 3000 before and it switched between the digital and analog just fine.....sammy problem?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Called B&K today and there is a firmware upgrade that is necessary

for the ref 30 (and possibly other B&K receivers,etc) that will fix this issue.7-10 day turnaround and n/c from what I was told...

B&K technical support: 1-716-656-0023

Alex

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Once again this forum proves invaluable.Without knowing other B&K owners were having the same issues I would have never thought to call

them.I would still be calling D** and getting my third SIR-TS160..

Good job to all

Alex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.