AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new Samsung SIR-TS360 HD receiver and connected it to my 36" Sony Wega display via analog component. I also have a Philips DirecTivo connected to the same set, via S-video. The video level on the TS360 is considerably darker than the same channel (SD) on the Philips. I tried a DVD player on the same component inputs, and it looks fine.

The HD channels look decent, but the SD channels appear crushed. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a "secret" menu for adjusting the TS360 video settings?

On a separate note, has anyone seen their TS360 freeze-up? I left it on one of the local OTA DTV channels overnight, and the receiver was totally unresponsive the next morning. I had to unplug the box to reboot it.

Thanks,

Ken

· Registered
70 Posts
yeah Ken it's the box. My sd channels are much darker with the 360. I had to change the brightness on the TV. As far as it freeze up, the samething happen to me Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday it worked.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CCsoftball7
You might want to look here .
Yeah, I saw that thread, but 90 pages is a bit much to weed through. I tried searching the site and that specific thread, but came up with no more than one other person saying their picture was dark.

I had hoped a new thread specific to these topics might get a little more response.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bjohn34
yeah Ken it's the box. My sd channels are much darker with the 360. I had to change the brightness on the TV.
Unfortunately my TV is connected to more than just the TS360. Changing the TV settings to compensate for the receiver will make the other devices too bright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.