AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. First time poster. I recently purchased a 2004 F150. The other day I noticed a Sirius antenna mounted on the roof of my truck, however, the radio I have in the truck doesn't appear to be a Sirius radio. There is no AUX input on the radio, but there is a AUX button. When the AUX button is press, the screen states no audio.

Any ideas on why there is a Sirius antenna on the roof of a vehicle that doesn't have a Sirius radio? I would eventually like to get Sirius radio installed, and am not sure what else I can check on the radio to see if it is compatible.

Thanks for your time,

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
It could be for a standalone (dash mount) sirius radio the previous owner had. I would look for the other end somewhere around the radio or foot wells.

It probably was too much work for someone to remove. Which means if you can find the other end, you could add an external sirius radio without replacing your in car stereo, or use this antennae and get a new sirius in dash radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I found what looks like the antenna wire under the dash. I assume there should be a audio out wire somewhere in the same spot?? Any ideas where this wire would be?

Thanks

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.