AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES SIRIUS CUSTOMER SERVICE REALLY EXIST?

My Starmate was bought for Christmas 2005. In Dec 06, the unit started "going out" for a few seconds a couple of times a week. I thought it was a reception problem. Then in Jan 07 it started to happen more and more. Now it is out more then it is on. I called customer support they say they can't help and refer me to warranty. warranty says the warranty expired because it's over a year. The problem started before the warranty expired. When I ask for a supervisor, they refuse to give me one only voice mail. (on one occasion, the operator didn't put me on hold and I could hear the supv. in the background saying he didn't want to talk to me) The supervisors are supposed to call back but I've been waiting 2 weeks.

Does anyone have a way of contacting someone who can help me. A $100 radio has to last longer than 11 1/2 months. And when the problem starts before the warranty expires or that close to it expiring something must be done or DOES SIRIUS EXPECT IT'S SUBSCRIBERS TO BUY A RADIO EVERY YEAR AS WELL AS PAY THE SUBSCRIPTION?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmcaleer /forum/post/0

My Starmate was bought for Christmas 2005. In Dec 06, the unit started "going out" for a few seconds a couple of times a week. I thought it was a reception problem. Then in Jan 07 it started to happen more and more. Now it is out more then it is on. I called customer support they say they can't help and refer me to warranty. warranty says the warranty expired because it's over a year. The problem started before the warranty expired. When I ask for a supervisor, they refuse to give me one only voice mail. (on one occasion, the operator didn't put me on hold and I could hear the supv. in the background saying he didn't want to talk to me) The supervisors are supposed to call back but I've been waiting 2 weeks.

Does anyone have a way of contacting someone who can help me. A $100 radio has to last longer than 11 1/2 months. And when the problem starts before the warranty expires or that close to it expiring something must be done or DOES SIRIUS EXPECT IT'S SUBSCRIBERS TO BUY A RADIO EVERY YEAR AS WELL AS PAY THE SUBSCRIPTION?

whats the problem?

the radio is out of warranty customer service told you this.

my radios are going on 3 years and work fine as most do.

good luck-

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmcaleer /forum/post/0

You would probably get more information if you go to http://www.siriusbackstage.com/forum/

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too have a starmate that gets moved around(unplugged from the car to the home docking station) several times a day. After about a yr the power plug would need to be wiggled in order for the unit to receive power. Then one day it wouldnt work at all. I took it apart and found that the connection for the power source had come unsoldered on the circuit board. I resoldered it and have yet to have any other problems. It gets used 8-10 hrs per day, so it gets lots of use. This may be the same problem your starmate is having. hth

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well...maybe this should be a lesson learned, I too had a problem with my Sirius Replay close to the end of the warranty period. What you SHOULD have done was call them immediately to get the problem on record. You knew your warranty was going to be up in a year so you should've known that once it's up...it's up. I doubt they will replace it but it's worth a try.

I called them before the warranty was up and asked them to record the problem I was having but that I didn't want to give up my radio yet...I told them I would wait and see. Well it went out after the warranty period was up but because the problem that finally killed it was the problem I reported they replaced the radio. ALWAYS CALL AND REPORT ANY PROBLEM DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.