AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions please, I would like to run line level cable from my sirius amp upstairs to my shop amp (45') downstairs.

I adapted an F connector to RCA and ran RG6. Seems to work fine on the spool., The question being am I loosing signal.

The other question is can you use a Y RCA cable to share a signal between two amps. thanks RJ

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rj2
I adapted an F connector to RCA and ran RG6. Seems to work fine on the spool., The question being am I loosing signal.

The other question is can you use a Y RCA cable to share a signal between two amps. thanks RJ
First question, I'm not entirely sure about it, but if you look at the signal meter on the receiver and it still looks good, then I'd say you're OK.

As for using a "Y" adapter on the audio output, no problem there. You can connect one line level audio output to many (high impedance) audio inputs without consequence. I have the output of my Sirius receiver connected to an audio amp, as well as two computer sound cards (for recording).

·
Registered
177 Posts
If it works on the spool it will work in the wall.

Seems like a long a run but if you hook it up and it sounds good then don't worry about any quality loss. It's prob minimal.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran about 40 ft of the RG6 after the y cable to another receiver downstairs.. I feel like I am getting a serious loss a signal by quality and volumn, level is 1/2 of unit on FM

function.

The leapfrog wireless repeater I tried first was horrible, very weak signal.

Any input would be appreciated .

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend mentioned I might be having an impedance problem, and would be better off running RCA cables. I piped it in with conduit so it would not be that bad switching it out. I was told I could use some 14 stranded and twist it . Does anyone have any thoughts on whether line level can support 40 ft of length. Thanks RJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.