AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on calling Sirius this weekend to cancel. WE re-upped on a five months for $20 deal earlier this year. What, if anything, are they likely to offer me to renew?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I could get $77 per year per radio, which comes out to $89 per year per radio with all the taxes and fees. When people get the $77 offer, are you getting that with taxes/fees or is that added on? For me it was added.

I'm probably out next year, when they plan to raise rates.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
The $77 used to be $77 and I think some states don't have to pay tax for the service. Then the "royalty fee" popped up and added to the $77. So when you see $77 that does mean you add the royalty fee and potential tax.

If you want online streaming make sure to request that be added on for free.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunner529 /forum/post/20797390

I did and the rep wouldn't add it. Really lame.

Then you are to follow through with the "cancel".

·
Registered
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj
Then you are to follow through with the "cancel".
I got 6 months now haha, but I do have a shorter commute now and may just pay for Spotify instead of Sirius if I don't get it next time.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I'll never go back. Didn't really listen to it. Initially had the auto monthly charge of $13 when I cancelled. Year and a half later noticed a charge from them. They tried to get sneaky and change to a quarterly charge instead of monthly hoping I wouldn't notice. It worked at first. After fighting with them for a while I finally got back the over $300 they owed me from charging me after I had cancelled. Bunch of savages in this town...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just cancelled 2 subscriptions after 3 yrs. Just couldn't justify the cost for the time we listen. Will miss the baseball coverage, but most of the music is available terrestrial for a lot less. They tried to give me the 77 deal but I said no. They didn't fight me on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts