AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELERSRULE /forum/post/20776273


+1

Just so happens I am up for renewal. I called last Friday and got offered the $77 deal and I told them I had to think about it. I decided to keep it and called back yesterday. The moron on the phone said that offer is no longer valid, and it was full price on all 3 of my radios or nothing. I told him to shove off and cancel the whole mess. A few minutes later he came back with the $77 deal. What a bunch of crap. I'm definitely out next year if they raise prices at all. I have been looking for a reason to bail because I'm kind of over Sirius at this point, but I figured I stick around 1 more year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,780 Posts
So you're saying if I am going to renew, and I'm not saying I am, I should do it now as opposed to waiting? I currently have 5 subs that go till October. I really don't like anything about Sirus post merger but I don't think I can live without it during football season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE /forum/post/20778264


So you're saying if I am going to renew, and I'm not saying I am, I should do it now as opposed to waiting? I currently have 5 subs that go till October. I really don't like anything about Sirus post merger but I don't think I can live without it during football season.

I wouldn't do it now. Just wait until the price goes up and tell them that it was too expensive before and is even worse now.


Unless you drive around all day I just don't see the value in this at its current price. If it wasn't for getting the online streaming thrown in for free then I'd probably only get about 6 hours a week out of the service. With streaming I can listen at work for a few more hours a day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE
So you're saying if I am going to renew, and I'm not saying I am, I should do it now as opposed to waiting? I currently have 5 subs that go till October. I really don't like anything about Sirus post merger but I don't think I can live without it during football season.
I don't think they will attempt the price increase until 2012 due to the regulations on them from the FCC, so I would wait and renew then. I wonder how much it will go up after the price freeze is over? They have already raised prices without raising prices (fees and other BS), so when they are free to do whatever they want, it should be interesting to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,780 Posts
I may call and see what their offer is to renew now. If I don't like it I'll just wait till mine expire and see if they change their tune.

I have been really tempted to cancel anyway.

Time will tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,780 Posts
Well, I got the $77.00 deal so I did it. He also gave me 1/2 off a new XM sub on a new vehicle so I think I did OK.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top