Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woodrow,

I've moved this thread over to the RPTV Forum so as to not incense too many Tube owners, and to hopefully solicit more input from other Mits RPTV owners.

Had a long conversation w/Sis in regards to your request to know more about her Diamond Series Mits 55" RPTV. Well Chris, once started it was hard to get her to quit talking about the TV. Her family simply loves the Mits, and they've owned it now for almost a year. I would say she & her husband are picky w/video, but perhaps not quite as much as me. I still think she gave me her best honest answer to my questions.

For starters, their family 32" Mits Tube finally died last Jan.'03. They knew I had just gone through the buying process w/my Sony 40XBR and wanted some advice. I of course was/am totally satisfied w/my 40"er Tube and discussed it, but discovered they were more interested in the larger screen displays. Well anything over 40" rules out Tubes which was where most all of my recent research had been directed. The topic turned to RPTV, which I knew very little, but did happen to view the 65" Mits @ on display @ CC. Sis perked up w/these comments, and I think her & hubby were already leaning towards Mits as they had been very pleased w/the performance of their Tube.

After some basic research at home on the web, the family's off to the Stores armed w/internet pricing & various other printouts. I had thought this shopping stage would take some time, but I received an excited call the next day letting me know of their super purchase. They ended up purchasing @ Ultimate Electronics in OKC, and selected the 55" Mits RPTV WS-55711. The original price tag on this model was $5900, and after alot of haggling got it for the sweet sum of $[Price Removed] w/3yr. in-home warranty!!

The Mits has an inboard HD Tuner for OAR, PIP, among some other bells & whistles. Sis described the PQ when viewing HD & DVD as life-like and stunning. When asked for a comparison to my 40XBR, she stated that the Mits had a comparable PQ...I don't know about this statement. Viewing angles are of course limited on RPTV's, and she said it was about 45 degrees. The family sits about 11'-12' away from the screen. Also stated was that the Mits Diamond Series was a big step up in PQ than lesser models in the line. Also raves on the Remote Commander that can apparently operate everything in their home entertainment system. Reception for HDTV in the OKC area seems very good w/ant and this is how they receive the HD Channels. A ISF Calibration is planned, but everyone seems thrilled w/the Mits' performance.

What can I say, after a year of ownership the family loves the TV...almost as much as I love mine!

Anyone else w/experience regarding the Mits RPTV please feel free to comment.

·
6,091 Posts
Cajieboy,

WOW. Thanks for all the info, plus your time and effort! Make sure and thank your sister for me too. It's gonna be a tough choice. One day I'm done with the 40 and the next I see all the positive things about it. I'll let you know what happens. If I had to decide TODAY, I'd stick with the 40. Thanks again Cajieboy,

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woodrow,

No problemo amigo. I'd go have a look at the Mits Diamond Series in person. I read the 65"er has 9" guns! Wow! I wonder what's the PQ on that screen! On Mits website, they've upgraded to a new model in 2004. Also interesting is reading Q&A on this Forum. There are 5 times as many posts on here than on the Direct View Forum. Lots of helpful info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.