AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's official. ABC just canceled last fall's best new show (with the hottest star). Last season's best new show was FOX's Firefly and it lasted an equivalent period of time before the suits killed it off.

Let's all hope they put a new reality show in that spot; definitely not enough of 'em on the air right now. We could certainly use a few more CSI's and Law & Order's too. The American public demands it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
damn.....sisco was great..... hopefully another station picks it up

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
:(

- Tom

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Sisco was the only watchable show on Wednsday night .... Looks like Wed is now officially DVD night.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by archiguy
Well, it's official. Let's all hope they put a new reality show in that spot; definitely not enough of 'em on the air right now. We could certainly use a few more CSI's and Law & Order's too. The American public demands it! :rolleyes:
Maybe we can have a CSI for every major city in America and then create a reality show to pit them against each other....;)

I too am disapointed about the cancelling. It seems that these stations don't give very much time to a show these days. It's either hot or gone within a season..

·
Registered
27,684 Posts
Dammit!!! Weren't they going to bring it back in March in the post-Alias timeslot? Did they decide to not even bother trying? How could it hurt? It's not like anybody watches The Practice anymore.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Karen Sisco was a good looking show. I suppose they need room on the schedule for another version of "The Bachelor". Maybe they can dive for the bottom with Fox and do "My Big Fat Millionaire Bachelor" or something.:mad:

·
Registered
28,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, Josh, I think ratings for The Practice are going up since James Spader's addition to the cast. I don't watch that show, but I agree with you and others that felt that timeslot following Alias was a natural for Karen Sisco. They could have billed it "Butt-kickin' chick night" or something far more clever.

And they did say they were going to bring the lovely Carla & company back in March...guess what? They lied! I'm shocked, shocked! :eek:

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Yeah, but hold onto your hats, ABC is bringing back Regis and his re-tooled "Who Wants to be a SuperMillionaire?" gameshow! Yahoo! :rolleyes:

I'll miss you Karen. :(

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Z
Dammit!!! Weren't they going to bring it back in March in the post-Alias timeslot? Did they decide to not even bother trying? How could it hurt?
ABC did not like the new scripts for the new episodes they were going to start filming next week, so decided to cut their loses and not put any more money into the show.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't agree, I tried watching this show once.

I did not like it, just couldn't force myself into believing her character.

I do wish they would put something else on other than "Makeovers"

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The writing and acting were great, and there was a little magic to the show. The star is about the only attractive woman I've seen in that kind of role who gives off an aura of toughness so that the violence looks believable. But America didn't like the show - which just confirms that the average IQ and the average taste level in America is pretty low. And a network that used to allow really good programs time to develop an audience has gone way way downhill.

Craig

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
I liked the show too, but it had problems. I could never decide if it wanted to be a comedy or a drama, or a dramedy. One week it was serious, the next it was light. If it had picked an attitude and stuck with it and it might have survived.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
I liked the show too, but it had problems. I could never decide if it wanted to be a comedy or a drama, or a dramedy. One week it was serious, the next it was light. If it had picked an attitude and stuck with it and it might have survived.
i enjoyed the show for what it was

keep in mind that NOTHING on ABC survives..Alias is basically just hanging around because there's a decent fan base, but nothing spectacular..also, they need to hit 100 episodes on that show so they can sell it into syndication

people don't give ABC dramas a chance anymore so the few of us that enjoy them are getting screwed by the execs at ABC(shows along with

Sisco that got an unfair shake were Veritas:The Quest and Miracles)

looks like their next big launch is Kingdom Hospital but that'll probably do okay since it has Stephen King's name attached to it

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Quote:
keep in mind that NOTHING on ABC survives.
Certainly seems that way. Makes you wonder if ABC is buying new shows on terms that makes cancellation a favorable choice for some reason.

- Tom

·
Registered
199 Posts
Line of Fire is a real good show. I especially like the social insecurities of David Paymer's "malloy" character. He's a loose cannon (remember the episode where he's in an office holding the baseball bat in front of the baseball exec, and you just KNOW he wants to bash the guys head in, but doesn't? Great acting job). As for Sisco, I agree it looked great, and that it couldn't decide whether it was comedy or drama. Also, the pilot episode was great until the very end, when she shot the guy to stop him from escaping on his sail boat. He says I'm outta here karen, good luck, and she shoots him from the dock in response, as he's slowly sailing out to sea? You simply can't shoot a "fleeing felon" who is not threatening the officer, just to stop him from fleeing. That was dumb. Still, I'll miss the show, cuz I thought they would feel their way to an identity soon.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Line of Fire is limited run, so it's out of here soon, haven't' read if it's coming back. I never had any desire to watch that show, in part due to ABC's quickly falling axe. I'm anxiously waiting for NYPD Blue's return.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
NYPD Blue is back on Feb. 10 and that brings Line of Fire's run to a close for this season at least. In other ABC news, they cut the episode order for the horrendous Threat Matrix also.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.