AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a Panasonic 300 with a Da-lite 45x80 (16:9) screen. I would have to table mount the projector. If I understand things the projector would have to be about 9-11 feet back from the screen but I would have to be seated between 11-12 feet back for the best picture. This would place me beside or slightly behind the projector. Is this a problem? Thanks for any info.

johnf

·
Registered
587 Posts
Should not be a problem at all. I have a ceiling mount that's at 9ft and I sit 11ft.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by johnmford
I am considering a Panasonic 300 with a Da-lite 45x80 (16:9) screen. I would have to table mount the projector. If I understand things the projector would have to be about 9-11 feet back from the screen but I would have to be seated between 11-12 feet back for the best picture. This would place me beside or slightly behind the projector. Is this a problem? Thanks for any info.

johnf
If its mounted right at eye level, and you site directly behind it, it could be a problem. Otherwise, no :)

- Cryo

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
What about hot air blowing on you from the fan?

·
Registered
315 Posts
And is it ever hot! In the summer, that would not be a great place to sit.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Free hair dryer for the wife though.;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
The hot air is only noticable to me up to about 12-18 inches back. I sit about 1.3 screen widths back and its fine for me...

-Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the advice. I was most concerned with fan noise and light spill from the back of the unit. From what you all say, should not be a problem. Thanks again

johnf

·
Registered
388 Posts
Demoed a 300 yesterday. I have the same problem. Need to put it 3 ft off the floor in front of me. There seemed to be too much light spill from the back of the unit to do this. It would not be a problem if it was mounted on an 8 ft ceiling at the same distance as it would not be in your field of view. Light would not be a problem if it was beside you. It seemd fairly quite, but my current pj sounds like a helicopter, so you would need to try it out for noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.