AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a tad off topic, but have any of you seen a high quality six-channel audio switch? I have multiple devices with six-channel outputs but my preamp only has one six-channel input set.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, how about this instead: has anyone seen a high quality DB25 switch?

Has no one else had need for such a device?

Is this mic on?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Man E,

There was a thread on this in the Audio forum last year, do a search for "6 channel AB switches".

I ended up getting the Sony p9000es switcher, nice unit.

-David

·
Registered
630 Posts
man E

I second the motion for the Sony TA-P9000ES preamp. It has two sets of 5.1 inputs and one out. Very high quality.

The other option is the use two radio shack Video/Left/Right A/B switches. This is very low cost.

Scott

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Sadly, it appears that that thread has vanished to bit heaven. Unfortunately, I am looking for a solution between the cheap switches and a new preamp (if for no other reason but to avoid a ballzectomy ;)). I'm pretty hooked on Rotel gear (price/performance), but the new preamp/DVD player combination is about $2200. Sweet sound, but Yikes!

I was hoping that I could find something similar to the Kramer DB15 video switches that I picked up (which are excellent), except in a DB25 format. Quality breakout cables to go from six RCA to DB25 are available. I just don't want to screw up the sound with a cheapo printer switch.

Anyone else? Maybe I should market these myself and then I could be the only buyer :(

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. Wow! I must have really screwed up the search command because I missed that very interesting thread.

P.S. My current Rotel preamp was ~$1200 6 years ago and it only includes ProLogic. It is an excellent piece of gear and would be hard to part with (unless of course I can negotiate up to their new one ;)).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.