AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 5 great seasons this burly firefighter was reduced to tears at the end of the final episode. Farewell to another terrific HBO series. I look forward to season 5 on DVD soon.

·
Registered
28,093 Posts
There's more discussion about this in the HDTV Programming forum, FYI.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
But since this is in the DVD forum, I have a question:

Are the DVD sets anamorphic widescreen? I know the series was in HD, but was the entire series widescreen, and how are they transfered?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
I dont think the DVD's were anamorphic until season 3.......or 4......I know the first two are presented as 4x3's I think.

Also agreed, a great way to end a series......completely appropriate for the show.

·
Registered
28,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roland6465
Are the DVD sets anamorphic widescreen? I know the series was in HD, but was the entire series widescreen, and how are they transfered?
The show didn't move to high-def or widescreen broadcast until Season 3. The first two seasons are presented in 4:3 full-frame. The third season DVD is anamorphic widescreen.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I can stand 2 seasons in 4:3. THanks for the quick info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i;ve seen nothing but the saddest goodbyes to this show--- why was it cancelled if it had such a following? were they pulling a "sex and the city"--getting out while they were ahead?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman
Alan decided to end the series while the getting was good.
Going out on a high note has its merits :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
There's more discussion about this in the HDTV Programming forum, FYI..
I looked before and could not find it. Tried searches to no avail, found it yesterday Here .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.