AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
first one-

Show me the Movie!!!

M.Night gets no cash until he retires now. Count me in for Jerry.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
I enjoy both of these movies, but I don't know that I would feel the need to own them, as I don't think the rewatchability factor is very high, especially since I have seen both of them several times already.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin /forum/post/14177346

I enjoy both of these movies, but I don't know that I would feel the need to own them, as I don't think the rewatchability factor is very high, especially since I have seen both of them several times already.

Well, I guess the rewatchability factor must be very high, since you have seen them several times already.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
LOL, ouch..

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm down for both... Even though I'm behind in my M. Night movies. The only one I own is Lady in the Water (Hey, I liked it!), even though my favourite (Unbreakable) is out, and Signs too...

And Jerry Maguire. I don't even have to buy this one even though I love it so much, because my girlfriend loves it so much that SHE'LL buy it, hehe.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
LOL.

The Sixth Sense can now be clearly seen as a fluke...M. Knight is a joke.

Put me down for Jerry Macguire though..I could watch that a few times in HD.

·
Registered
13,827 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviators99 /forum/post/14177545

Well, I guess the rewatchability factor must be very high, since you have seen them several times already.

As to Shyamalan, yes he is a disappointment. I thought Unbreakable was a good movie, but from there it has been a rather dramatic fall.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Jesus 2 more films to buy in September. That's going to be a crazy and expensive month.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper /forum/post/14178656

LOL.

I personally think Unbreakable and Signs are superior films to The Sixth Sense. Hell, even Wide Awake is a decent flick. Now it is debatable that he's lost whatever he once had with 3 straight films ranging from mediocre to downright horrendous, but I don't think his career prior to 2004 was a fluke.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 /forum/post/14178861

Looks like nothing good is Happening with his Happening.

Actually I didn't think The Happening was all that bad. Not great, but not as bad as some might think. It's his best movie since Signs I think.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts

Quote:

The same person can make great movies and stinkers. 'The Sixth Sense' is a great movie and whatever Night does won't make it any worse. It's like saying the value of 'The Godfather' is negated by the last few stinkers from Coppola. I liked Night's 'Unbreakable' quite a bit as well. I think he has lost his footing lately, but I wouldn't count him out.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Jerry Maguire specs, courtesy of dvdactive:

1.85:1 Widescreen Transfer (1080p)

Audio: English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, French Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Portuguese Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin Simplified/Traditional), Dutch, English, French, Indonesian/Bahasa, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Latin Am)

Audio Commentary with Director Cameron Crowe, Tom Cruise, Renee Zellweger and Cuba Gooding Jr.

Deleted scenes with Director and Editor’s Commentary

Rehearsal Footage with Director and Editor’s Commentary

'My First Commercial' with Rod Tidwell

Drew Rosenhaus: How to be a Sports Agent

Music Video 'Secret Garden' by Bruce Springsteen

Making of Featurette

Jerry’s Mission Statement

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDad /forum/post/14343636

Jerry Maguire specs, courtesy of dvdactive:

1.85:1 Widescreen Transfer (1080p)

Audio: English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, French Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Portuguese Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin Simplified/Traditional), Dutch, English, French, Indonesian/Bahasa, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Latin Am)

Audio Commentary with Director Cameron Crowe, Tom Cruise, Renee Zellweger and Cuba Gooding Jr.

Deleted scenes with Director and Editor's Commentary

Rehearsal Footage with Director and Editor's Commentary

'My First Commercial' with Rod Tidwell

Drew Rosenhaus: How to be a Sports Agent

Music Video 'Secret Garden' by Bruce Springsteen

Making of Featurette

Jerry's Mission Statement

That sucks that they won't port over the video commentary. I would think with Profile 1.1, they could easily include that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love Sixth Sense but won't be buying it in Blu. I generally only re-buy movies i already have on Blu, if i can get a good sell-on price for the DVD. And with Sixth Sense, i absolutely love my gorgeous Vista Series packaging, and don't want to part with it. Same goes for Tombstone when that gets released, and Unbreakable with it's free Alex Ross artwork.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME /forum/post/14343821

That sucks that they won't port over the video commentary. I would think with Profile 1.1, they could easily include that.

COMPLETELY agree. There's no excuse. Can we assume it's just an oversight and it will still be included?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
To quote BBT in Bad Santa, they can't all be winners...

Sixth Sense was quite good, though I think Signs might be even better. I even enjoyed The Village, thought Unbreakable wasn't near as good as the comic book set thought, and will reserve judgment on his latest until I have seen it. That said, MNS produces provocative movies that hit, and miss. The world is a poorer and emptier place when we don't embrace the fact that aiming for excellence often involves missing the target on occasion.

MEC2

·
Registered
949 Posts

Quote:
I personally think Unbreakable and Signs are superior films to The Sixth Sense.

Oh please don't mention Signs in this thread.
What can I say I agree with Rieper; M. Knight is a joke and Sixth Sense is his only good movie. Unbreakable was ok but the ending was bad.

Now I have to debate whether Six Sense is worth getting since I have the DVD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts