AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what are the dimensions (H x L x W) of the VSX-53TX? Pioneer doesn't list it on their site, but I believe it is significantly larger than my existing receiver. I trying to determine if it will fit into my existing entertainment center and have enough room to "breath" for cooling purposes. Does Pioneer recommend any spacing in their manual?

If you have this model, or one of the previous Elite lines (43TX, 45TX), can you tell me what it's heat profile is like? Are the casings hot to the touch, or do they run fairly cool.

Last question on the casing, do they have air vents on the sides of the box, or only on top, or both?

Would appreciate the help.

Antman.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by antman
If you have this model, or one of the previous Elite lines (43TX, 45TX), can you tell me what it's heat profile is like? Are the casings hot to the touch, or do they run fairly cool.

Last question on the casing, do they have air vents on the sides of the box, or only on top, or both?
I have, and love a 45TX. It runs pretty hot to the touch. It has a few air vents along the sides, lots of air vents on top. The manual recommends 8" of air space above it. I think 3-4" would be OK.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have the 53TX - it's bigger than my old receiver and sticks out the front of my entertainment center.

According to the manual, dimensions are 16-9/16" wide x 7-7/16" high x 18-5/16" deep.

-Gerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.