AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DVC 15" driver, the 250w amp and all the other parts came this week. I was not prepared for how big and heavy this stuff would be. I hope there isn't a fault anywhere around here or the entire neighborhood could get swallowed when I crank up this thing!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plans are for an 18" sonosub with a 6" port. I hope the rain is gone on Monday so I can go get the sonotube. The only problem with the larger sonotube is it only comes in 12' lengths. I'm going to saw it in half before trying to get it home. It's also approx $50/6'

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just want you guys with 15-18" know that my wife assures me size really doesn't matter! It's where you put it that makes all the difference!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, my wife says it's too big and I should keep it out of sight.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Jeff,

You might try calling a few commercial lighting companies. They might have a "scrap" of sonotube they could sell you to save on having to purchase a full 12 foot length. (They use them for their original purpose, for footings for lights in parking lots, etc)

That is what I plan on doing. It is worth a try. Of course, if you are planning on building a pair of subwoofers... go for the 12 footer and build two...

I asked Santa for the 15 inch Adire Tempest Driver...(and gave him my Visa card number) With any luck, it should be under the tree on Christmas morning. Looks like this time, I'll be following in your steps as we build similar sonotube subs.

J. L.

I've got to finish my Audax HT speakers first... back to making sawdust out of MDF.

PS.

I showed my wife pictures of the completed sub. She approved of the style, and of the size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.