AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back of my Integra DTC-9.8 has only 5 HDMI and 7 RCA connections which uses a fraction of the rear panel space. I love this processor but it is huge. Is anything similar available that does away with most of the connections I will never use? I would like a much slimmer unit.

Thanks for any suggestions...

·
Registered
398 Posts
The Emotiva UMC-1 is about 60% smaller than the Integra. You might want to check that one out. It's not currently available but, according to Emotiva's website, is under development. You might want to contact them about availability. Good luck!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnad /forum/post/16901684

The back of my Integra DTC-9.8 has only 5 HDMI and 7 RCA connections which uses a fraction of the rear panel space. I love this processor but it is huge. Is anything similar available that does away with most of the connections I will never use? I would like a much slimmer unit.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Nad T-175?

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRSQUARED /forum/post/16902966

Yes, the NAD T-175 would be another good choice at about 35% smaller than the Integra.

and Im selling my at a huge discount to the MSRP
....no problems with it just finished testing it vs the Onkyo 885 and Denon 2809 and the others won.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thanks...

I need the newer audio decoding so I guess the NAD would not work. The Emotiva looks good but I am wary of the delay and low price. The Marantz is also very good but I would not need the amps (not an issue really).

Thanks again!

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRSQUARED /forum/post/16902898

The Emotiva UMC-1 is about 60% smaller than the Integra. You might want to check that one out. It's not currently available but, according to Emotiva's website, is under development. You might want to contact them about availability. Good luck!

Yeah and way over a year late past the dates they first quoted it would be released. I am beginning to wonder if it is ever going to be done.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly1 /forum/post/16903525

Yeah and way over a year late past the dates they first quoted it would be released. I am beginning to wonder if it is ever going to be done.

Well, Sherwood did finally cough up a handful of R-972s, so I guess anything is possible.

I was actually waiting for a UMC-1 back when it was supposed to be released in early 2008. I finally got tired of waiting for it last summer and got an Onkyo 885 instead. Good call, I guess.

·
Registered
868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay /forum/post/16905303

Well, Sherwood did finally cough up a handful of R-972s, so I guess anything is possible.

And it's putting up some impressive numbers too by the sounds of things. Maybe the Outlaw pre/pro based on Trinnov isn't far behind. It would be nice to see a little competition in this space to keep the manufacturers on their toes. The Onkyo is pretty darn good but I like a broad choice.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnad /forum/post/16903417

Hey, thanks...

I need the newer audio decoding so I guess the NAD would not work. The Emotiva looks good but I am wary of the delay and low price. The Marantz is also very good but I would not need the amps (not an issue really).

Thanks again!

What are you decoding on the pre/pro?

Just in case you didnt know but if your BD player can decode then just send every thing PCM to the NAD and you have the latest audio formats.

The NAD handles everything my Denon 2809 does. Just do all decoded on the BD player.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmryan821 /forum/post/16906928

The ADA Suite 7.1 HD is only about 2" tall and has 8 hdmi inputs, but it's pretty pricey and I'm not 100% sure it's out yet.

Now that is slim and cool! I like that its a rack mount unit....over $5K is pricey.

No component video, damn.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/16907028

Now that is slim and cool! I like that its a rack mount unit....over $5K is pricey.

No component video, damn.

No video? Sorry I didn't notice that before. I suppose that's one way to save space and shrink a unit down.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnad /forum/post/16909090

penngray,

I do want Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA decoded by the processor. Simpler and less cables. Thanks again.

Im kind of confused, what BluRay player do you have?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts