AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ele/761205396.html

I was looking at these speakers to go with an Onkyo 8511 i just got off of craigslist too because I am a poor college kid, but I'm used to speakers having like 12" woofer then 8 mid and like 2 tweeter. Should I be worried the mid is so small? As I type I realize this is a really stupid question but I'm just trying to get some speakers that sound good for my apartment given my small budget. Any help is appreciated. Even if you could just give me an idea of fisher speakers quality, i can't find anything online. I know they make good receivers, or at least did.

·
Registered
30,710 Posts
Small mid allows for much better dispersion at the expense of power handling. Mediocre speakers anyway.

·
Banned
936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo39 /forum/post/14332242

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ele/761205396.html

I was looking at these speakers to go with an Onkyo 8511 i just got off of craigslist too because I am a poor college kid, but I'm used to speakers having like 12" woofer then 8 mid and like 2 tweeter. Should I be worried the mid is so small? As I type I realize this is a really stupid question but I'm just trying to get some speakers that sound good for my apartment given my small budget. Any help is appreciated. Even if you could just give me an idea of fisher speakers quality, i can't find anything online. I know they make good receivers, or at least did.

Fisher has not made quality products for many, many years. You would do far better getting a smaller set of bookshelf speakers. There are many for sale for $100.00 or less at Amazon and J&R Musicworld. I believe those Fisher speakers you are looking at would be a big disappointment to you. If you look around, many times you can find some pretty decent speakers at garage sales that are both good and inexpensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts