AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts
damn, can't wait to fire this up on the new 47" LCD in 120hz!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
Sweet!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/15496608


damn, can't wait to fire this up on the new 47" LCD in 120hz!

I'm happy for your purchase but comeone 120hz does nothing for a game that's running at 30fps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise /forum/post/15497029


I'm happy for your purchase but comeone 120hz does nothing for a game that's running at 30fps.

dunno, i haven't tried it yet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
728 Posts
I would totally be all over this game if it had an optional control scheme that didn't use the right analog stick. I really like the first except for the control scheme--it just makes the game frustrating in my opinion. I know a lot of people love the right analog stick, but I pretty much despise it all the way around in games that use it just for glitz. And EA uses it in almost all of their games unfortunately in some sort of 'required' way.


Taylor34
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts
i'm the opposite, i LOVE the right stick flick.... best addition to any skating game to date, IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the stick too, it just requires practice, once you master it, it all feels so good.


On another hand, I haven't played the demo yet, but I read a preview some months ago that said that the game was gonna be in 60 fps. I could be worng though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milin_im /forum/post/15498887


I love the stick too, it just requires practice, once you master it, it all feels so good.


On another hand


Whoa.. calm it down now..


This is AVS.. and there might be kids watching!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor34 /forum/post/15497492


I would totally be all over this game if it had an optional control scheme that didn't use the right analog stick. I really like the first except for the control scheme--it just makes the game frustrating in my opinion. I know a lot of people love the right analog stick, but I pretty much despise it all the way around in games that use it just for glitz. And EA uses it in almost all of their games unfortunately in some sort of 'required' way.


Taylor34

the games whole allure is that it's as realistic as possible on a standard contr9oller. When you jump for a grind your board doesn't magically lock to the surface it actullay slides on it and it only slides on whatever part fo your board you can get to land on the surface. Buttons just wouldn't allow the board control required for this game's engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein /forum/post/15497803


Time to see if I can remote download...


Thanks for the heads-up!


Edit: And I can...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0-0000454188aa


Link for those who want to get it set up in their d/l Queue.

Word! That is the first time I have used this as well. Should be waiting for me when I get home and power up the box. Thanks,


Strange thing, I have the first one and do like it, but I could never really get into it. The stick controls are tough to get used to and I never gave it the time I needed, what with H3 and COD4 out when I got the first one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,859 Posts
1.51 gig , pretty large download for a demo (one of the larger demos that I have seen) .


- Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,131 Posts
well to anyone who hated the stick controls I'll just say teh difficulty was half teh point. The devs made it that way because it was way too easy to nail a 4 trick combo in tony hawk and then the difficulty of some these grinds and trciks wasn't being represented in the game. So when you finally nail that line with teh tricks you want you get a much better sense of success. Hopefully they left all that in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOHNB20 /forum/post/15499355


Word! That is the first time I have used this as well. Should be waiting for me when I get home and power up the box.

Well, not exactly. The download will start when you power your box up... it will not already be available for play. But you probably knew that right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper /forum/post/15499842


Well, not exactly. The download will start when you power your box up... it will not already be available for play. But you probably knew that right?

If the 360 wasn't so power hungry, I'd probably leave it on so that it would be instant. I like it right now so that I don't forget about a download. It starts instantly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/15499216


Nice! I'll be picking this up for sure on PS3 but I can't wait to try the demo tonight!

Sadly it wasn't available on PS3. They gave their people the holidays off so they're a bit behind. I had to make a new account on 360 because I'm not gold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,138 Posts
Yup, I don't mind for just the demo though. I really like some of the new stuff you can do like the hippie jump, the wipeouts, the handplants, etc. Can't wait for the full version!


To the guy that said you should be able to play with the face buttons, that's like wanting to play WiiSports with button/analog controls. It's defeats the whole purpose.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top