AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else excited about Skate2 coming out soon? I heard there is supposed to be a demo next Thursday for the PS3. I'm going to pre-order after I get done working in DC today. From what I can tell it looks like they added some great features left off in the first version.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadsystems /forum/post/15516273

Anybody else excited about Skate2 coming out soon? I heard there is supposed to be a demo next Thursday for the PS3. I'm going to pre-order after I get done working in DC today. From what I can tell it looks like they added some great features left off in the first version.

I don't know yet. I was never really into skating games, but this one does sound interesting. Hopefully the demo will convince me one way or the other.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Played the demo on 360. It's great. The new abilities are very nice. Will be getting it on PS3. Skate is one of my favorite games this gen.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/15517237

Played the demo on 360. It's great. The new abilities are very nice. Will be getting it on PS3. Skate is one of my favorite games this gen.

Let me guess. You don't want your 360 rrod while pulling an amazing trick?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yup I'm getting it,demo is great but I'm getting on PS3 instead too. Yes partly because my 360 has broken 5 times.

·
Registered
753 Posts
The original Skate game was great, I'm looking forward to the demo. I would have bought Skate but could never get the hang of doing manuals so after awhile of playing I got "stuck" and could unlock anymore locations or items. I loved the open world where you could skate around and explore the city, the trick system was very fluid. I saw some videos of Skate2 on the free Qore Xmas edition and it looks like its going to be another great game.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I really liked Skate, and I'm usually not into sports games. There's something really satisfying about pulling off complicated tricks as you free run through the city. I'm definitely picking this one up as well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea if it runs smoother as well as the new features, it will be big hit, the demo from skate 1 really sold to get it, and still have it! lol def pu this one as well.

·
Registered
684 Posts
2gb install....

still buying it, since I put off on skate 1, and wanted to just wait for skate 2. Whose getting the skateboard?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Based on the demo they kept the trick system the same so if you played Skate 1 you can just jump right in and start throwing down right away. Lighting and overall graphics have improved greatly, the city looks dirty and dusty with better shadows and textures. Animations are more fluid / smoother as well. Looks like EA has another winner on its hand here.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yup, demo played great but the graphics seemed a little worse than Skate 1; I played it a long time ago, so maybe I'm wrong but it felt like this demo was an earlier build or something.

Either way, played great, I love being able to get off the board and move stuff around. Definitely will be picking this up.

·
Banned
2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMII /forum/post/15583666

Based on the demo they kept the trick system the same so if you played Skate 1 you can just jump right in and start throwing down right away. Lighting and overall graphics have improved greatly, the city looks dirty and dusty with better shadows and textures. Animations are more fluid / smoother as well. Looks like EA has another winner on its hand here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/15587577

Yup, demo played great but the graphics seemed a little worse than Skate 1; I played it a long time ago, so maybe I'm wrong but it felt like this demo was an earlier build or something.

Either way, played great, I love being able to get off the board and move stuff around. Definitely will be picking this up.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think the graphics are on par wtih first - some may look better, the demo was darker due to local , also the frame rate is a HUGE step up, added tricks , def was fun, should be good, sounded like they added in burnout MP sys , so should be a winner there as well, first reviews I saw where all pretty good, also pre order to pu my tee shirt ! lol traded some games in as well so it was like $5 in end.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus311 /forum/post/15593128

Pre-order T-shirt?

lol yea a black one - not that bad actually , plus GS had a deal with trading in three games got extra money so was easy way out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This disk actually plays better than the demo, it feels that way to me. I only played for about 20 minutes though. But the tricks seemed to be a lot smoother. I'm playing on a BenQ 24 PC LCD with HDMI since my 30" Philips LCD crapped out on me. I am patiently waiting for my Samsung 46A750 just 1 short week for delivery.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts