AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my son has been playing around with sketchup and here is what he has come up with so far.

Room dimensions are 24 x 12.5 x 8.5

Let me know if anyone has any better suggestions of what to do. I've come off the screen wall 28" to allow for speaker placement behind the screen.

Top view

Rear wall

I'm actually going to install my rack system out of this room and use either RF or IR repeaters. I just don't see a good place to install the rack. I have poured concrete on the left wall looking at the screen and the screen wall. to the right is a hallway that I would have to build a closet.

On the other side of the hall way is a room that I plan on using at this time.

What do you guys think? I'm open for all suggestions and ideas. Thanks and looking forward to your ideas.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Are your columns on the left and right wall going to mirror each other? They're offset in the diagram, but I'm guessing it was just something off in Sketchup?

Are you able to add your equipment rack on the backside of the rear wall? This would limit your cable runs.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are going to mirror each other. I guess he didn't get that exactly correct. (He's better than me though).

The rear columns will enclose the speakers as well as the rear wall columns.

I've looked at adding the rack on the backside, which is about my only other option besides behind the screen or somewhere on the floor (which I really don't want) or the other room I originally was leaning to.

The problem with the back wall install is I'd like it to be in-wall and it would protrude into the room behind it almost 2 feet possibly more if I add a door for rear access like I'd need to.

We are still in the framing stage right now but almost ready to figure out for wire pulls and any additional framing.

I'm going to rethink this for the rear wall again. Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts