AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody with a Skyworth check this out for me?

I tried to use composite out calibrate my Mits 55807 ntsc inputs and found that to get the brightness right, using AVIA, I had to crank the brightness control up from -8 to +11 to see the moving bar in the AVIA testpattern. I did the DVD (480p) first and -8 is fine on that input. -8 is normally fine on the cable input. Of course, increaing the brightness to +11 messed up my cable picture.. And not doing that screwed up my colordecoder calibration so I'm kind of stuck here.

If anybody out there has used the Skyworth and COMPOSITE out, Please let me know if it worked.

Thanks

/Peter

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Skyworth connected to both TV and Projector. I have the same

problem with SVHS output from Skyworth. I think my cable box is calibrated to 6,5 IRE and Skyworth Video and SVHS outputs calibrated to 0 IRE. Nothing to do with this...

Anyway I use TV only for search and preview some DVDs...:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Further research seem to indicate that some Far Eastern DVD players are indeed putting out 0 IRE and the TV is expecting 6.5 IRE. No big deal when you know about it. I'm surprised that nobody else has tried to calibrate their NTSC inputs and run into this. Am I the only one watching TV here?

/Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.