AVS Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The SI screen arrived extremely well packaged and I was able to install it myself and set it up with Logitech Harmony, Amazon Alexa, etc. while quarantined.
How did you set the screen up with your harmony? Did you use the solo connect or some other magic?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How did you set the screen up with your harmony? Did you use the solo connect or some other magic?
Exactly, I bought a Solo Connect from Crutchfield because it was one of the few online retailers that had it available. It works well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I will take you up on that offer, lol. Where did you mount the projector? I have a very modern space as well and projectors have gotten so darn big since my last projector (Mitsubishi HC5500)! I’m also planning on taking advantage of the reverse roll, for your exact reason, I have great artwork that I want to put up where my current big TV is on the wall of the living room. I’m tired of looking at the giant black rectangle taking up valuable wall space!
I bought a BDI AV cabinet and placed the projector on top of it. My HOA has an insane approval process for ceiling mounting anything so this let me avoid it entirely. It puts the projector around 4’ off the ground IIRC. Yeah! It’s a beast, it sits on a glass top and is within the weight limits but I was initially worried it might break the glass

BDI AV cabinet packed to the max. Haha

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a BDI AV cabinet and placed the projector on top of it. My HOA has an insane approval process for ceiling mounting anything so this let me avoid it entirely. It puts the projector around 4’ off the ground IIRC. Yeah! It’s a beast, it sits on a glass top and is within the weight limits but I was initially worried it might break the glass
Great looking Eames chair, I have a couple LCW’s in my living room! :LOL:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Lots of fantastic information in this thread. I just began my projector journey and have decided on an Epson 6050UB (2600 lumens) projector and SI 100" Slate ALR solo pro 2 screen. Today, I ordered new black out drapes that will go on windows behind the screen and curious which slate screen, .8 or 1.2 would be best for my situation? Projector Central indicated that the 100" screen with the Epson 6050 would have a throw distance of 13'3" which 2.5-3' behind the main viewing position. Thank for any info you can provide!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I’d go 0.8 with those lumens, for sure.

Thanks...someone told me yesterday that since I have full control of my lighting (blackout drapes/dimmers), I should go with an off white screen. Even though I have full control, I would still watch some sports during the daytime without the cave environment and my walls and ceiling are white.

Adding the Sony 295ES (1500 Lumens) and JVC NX5 (1800 Lumens) to the list to compare.

Here’s a pic of the room...I’m currently in the middle of a home redo so not everything is in it correct location. The screen would come down where the couch is located and I’ll be adding black out drapes this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: skibbs
41 - 47 of 47 Posts