AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be news to the GWII experts out there, but I just found out that my Sony KF-50XBR-800 has a 90- minute sleep timer. It does not seem to be mentioned in the manual nor does the Sony remote have a key for it. I picked up a Kameleon 6 device remote control at Radio Shack yesterday and was very pleased that it to worked with my SimAudio P-3. When I set it for a Sony TV I noticed one of the keys was labeled “Sleepâ€. It works as well. The TV seems to shut off as it should when it is set and even warns you that it will “shut off soon†as the end of the selected time (15 to 90 minutes) approaches. Am I missing this feature in the manual somewhere? Think its OK to use it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my 60XBR800. When I used the sleep timer button on the remote from another Sony TV, the 60XBR800 cycled between sleep off, 15, 30, 45 and 90.

Someone recently posted the user manual for the new XBR950 in this forum and in there it mentions the sleep timer feature as well as shows a new sleep timer button on a picture of the remote.

I wonder if it's just a case of this feature not being documented until Sony had enough time to test it out on the LCD TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.