Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you've got to be kidding me! :eek:

I did my usual "research" for reviews and seemed that Sleepaway Camp had a semi-cult following and compares to Friday the 13th and such and the sequel, Unhappy Campers was a treat. The third installment was pretty much sloughed off.

so much for "research". :(

Sleepaway Camp was a bomb.

Bad bad bad. If you want to see really, REALLY bad acting by New Yorkers in really REALLY short, tight shorts [the men, especially] and Camp owners in calf length socks and wingtips with shorts, this is the gem for that. :eek: Take the son, from The Hills Have Eyes, multiply by 20 and sprinkle on a upstate New York campground, throw in some cheese and you've got a film.

ugh. :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLife

I did my usual "research" for reviews and seemed that Sleepaway Camp had a semi-cult following andso much for "research". :( Sleepaway Camp was a bomb.Bad bad bad. :(
Same here...very misleading reviews out there (how do u spell payola?) a real POS...I fast forwarded thorough most of it.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I vaguely remember seeing this in the theaters back in the day. Is this the movie where one character meets their end from...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) a hot curling iron?

·
Registered
17,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfischer
I vaguely remember seeing this in the theaters back in the day. Is this the movie where one character meets their end from...
Better than a
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) ham sandwich
which, unless I am mistaken, is a method of death in either Troll or Troll2.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLife

I did my usual "research" for reviews and seemed that Sleepaway Camp had a semi-cult following and compares to Friday the 13th and such and the sequel, Unhappy Campers was a treat. The third installment was pretty much sloughed off.

so much for "research". :(

Sleepaway Camp was a bomb.

Bad bad bad. If you want to see really, REALLY bad acting by New Yorkers in really REALLY short, tight shorts [the men, especially] and Camp owners in calf length socks and wingtips with shorts, this is the gem for that. :eek: Take the son, from The Hills Have Eyes, multiply by 20 and sprinkle on a upstate New York campground, throw in some cheese and you've got a film.

ugh. :(
Hey now, I stumbled across this "C" movie last week (Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland), and must say: there's something to be said for frequent boobage of the non-silicone variety. Ahhhh, those were the days...when women stayed natural instead of getting "enhanced"...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfischer
Yes it is...but I was left wondering how it was actually used...I mean...was it like...inserted???....damn....I feel real dirty just now...better see what's in the medicine cabinet.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphane
Yes it is...but I was left wondering how it was actually used...I mean...was it like...inserted???
As I recall, yes. But that was many years ago and my memory may have faded a bit since then :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well I liked the series. Very violent but not too serious and not too campy. It was fun to have a female in the lead instead of Jason, Michael Myers, Freddy, and so on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solderguy
Well I liked the series. Very violent but not too serious and not too campy. It was fun to have a female in the lead instead of Jason, Michael Myers, Freddy, and so on.
I dunno if we're talking about the same flick here...if u recall in the movie, the lead kid was not what he/she appeared to be.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
203 Posts
Same flick, I was thinking more of the 2nd and 3rd movies while I was posting. Bruce Springsteen's sister and what a cute little psychokiller she was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.