AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be getting the Vizio 70" M702i-B3 soon and will be putting it on a regular furniture stand (some plain Ikea thing or the like). I currently have a Sony soundbar mounted on top of my circa 2005 Samsung DLP via velcro. Obviously this isn't going to work on a new LCD because they are way too thin for that. I'm going to be putting the sound bar at the base of the stand but I know if I do this the soundbar will overlap the bottom of the screen and that will look horrible and more importantly mess up the remove connectivity for the TV itself.

So what I've been trying to find, unsuccessfully, is a pedestal I can but on the stand itself that would go below the actual TV stand. It doesn't need to be very high. Maybe 2 inches at most. I'd also like it to hollow through so that I could run the wires to to the soundbar underneath the TV and the base. Does anyone know where I could find something like this. I would imagine it would have the dimensions in the following range. It can be a range because hopefully the pedestal itself isn't really visible since it will be covered from view the by the soundbar.

24-30 inches wide
2 inches high
12-24 inches deep

It would kind of look like a very wide upside down 'U'. I would also like it to be metallic to have some sense of style. The only other thing I can think of would be to get a block of wood in these dimensions which would work but looks pretty horrible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, this is exactly what I was describing but they are too high. Basically, I just wanted a really small riser so that the top of the soundbar didn't cover up the bottom of the TV.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
theres this one, its 4.25" high. i highly doubt you'll find one any lower because these are designed to have room to stick your cable box/blu ray player inside of them. keep in mind, even though its listed at 4.25, the actual open area will be less because of the thickness of the wood, so the open area may actually only be 3.5, i use one of the big ones that rasied my tv up about 5.5 inches.

http://www.amazon.com/OFC-Express-M..._sim_op_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=04VR50ERX3JC2TA918HB

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also thanks for bringing in the term "riser". Getting all kinds of results now that I'm using that in my search. I think this is might just do the trick. Might be pushing it up against it's upper capacity though. But 1.7 inches high might be perfect.

http://www.target.com/p/convenience...e&srccode=cii_316895341&cpncode=45-40845295-2

The hollow thing was just a nice to have. They lay pretty flat and won't be visible unless you're looking down at the tv itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts