AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, truth be told I know most of the plasma related answers to this, but I feel the folks around here are some of the best for in the know....

I might have a chance at a job opportunity (one of those once in a lifetime things) that would relocate me to London for a few years. Considering that moving from Memphis to Boston was a pretty big deal, this is quite huge. That said, I started thinking of the things I'd lose, and/or cultural changes. One of the first things that came to mind was TV. So I was curious if any of the satellite type providers allow carrying of US networks in the UK.

I'm assuming if I go with the WD6UY I want I'd be ok as it can handle PAL? Obviously a dual region DVD player would come in as I have no desire to give up my current collection.

Ok, I'll make this easier. Can anyone on here living in the UK give me some insight into what options are available?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Warm beer, bad food, even worse tv..... you should love it. Also no HD so you are limited to DVDs. SD Satellite (SKY) broadcasts vary from okay to dismal depending on what channel you watch. Most American programms are aired in some form or the other (can't get away from that)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.