AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is too OT but I'm all excited b/c I just got my new HTPC/computer. now I can do whatever I want (instead of using someone else's computer)!

I don't have a video card yet but I want to get some pc games. I can't find a decent gamer forum to get the latest opinions. I want someplace I can find out what the latest/best FPS game is, and RPG game. A forum rather than a review site...I found a few of those already.

also, I want to download a bunch of stuff like drivers and utilities etc... I know of tucows but anyplace else that's better? Anyplace w/ alot of the programs we use here for HTPC? Like powerstrip, dscaler, and dvd player programs, etc.... Or do I need to go to each one's website?

thanks

Rob

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well, when it comes to games, I've lately been playing this first person shooter called Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. The best part about it is that it is TOTALLY FREE. This is like the first game ever since the beginning of time that is going to be free for anyone that wants to play. Right now it is only in a test release so the game isn't totally done yet. But it's pretty fun. You'll never find another game that gives you as much bang for your buck. The game is online multiplayer only, so it is recommended you have broadband though. Which I know everyone doesn't have. But if you do, it is ~100mb download.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.