AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
No price, no picture, no details.... throw this thread with all the other rumors.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShorty /forum/post/16924350

No price, no picture, no details.... throw this thread with all the other rumors.

Its Heere..

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 /forum/post/16924913

The pic was taken out aparently:

Someone at the Playstation forum manage to do a screencap of it or it is a nice Photoshop work, don't know:

Dude! I am
cant well comprehend SLIMNESS in this?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I think the picture has been proven fake, but not the actual listing. The fact that Sony has never addressed the leaked Slim photos really says a lot though. For their sake, I hope the price drop and/or redesign are coming soon. Most people considering a PS3 will certainly hold off now.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
PS3 "Slim" Photos Result In Cease & Desist From Taiwanese Lawyers

Quote:
I think the picture has been proven fake, but not the actual listing.

Late last week, we posted what appeared to be the first pictures of the PLAYSTATION 3 "Slim". Taiwan-based attorney Li Mo & Associates contacted us, potentially giving credence to the validity of the pictures.

In their email, the firm stated that these "trade secrets" had been posted online and demanded that the images be taken down "immediately" in a cease-and-desist. However, this legal notice did not come from Sony, who still has yet to comment on the images.

http://kotaku.com/5260117/ps3-slim-p...wanese-lawyers

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yeah, that was already talked about. Since it didn't come from Sony, I'm thinking it's some stupid knockoff thing, like the Chintendo Vii

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
PS3 Slim is Looking More Official in Photos [Update]

Way back in early May PlayStation LifeStyle first covered the rumors surrounding the PS3 Slim. At the time it seemed like the system was destined to be revealed at E3. E3 came and went and PlayStation 3 Slim was a no show. Sony denied the rumors of the PS3 on a diet, and was full steam ahead on PSP Go. Now a listing has appeared on the German Amazon site for PlayStation 3 Konsole slim. The listing has been updated with an image that definitely appears official.

So it looks like all the rumors were true. It's doubtful Amazon would be listing this in their database without information from Sony. As you can see these look exactly like all the images we have seen in the past. Albeit the lighting is much better and the overall appearance is more polished. No official word from Sony at this time.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009...ial-in-photos/

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
the slim looks ugly and has a rough skin, i like my ps3 with some thickness and smooth shiny skin

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
The listing has been pulled, and the image submitted was a user-made render.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneyparleg /forum/post/16934376

the slim looks ugly and has a rough skin, i like my ps3 with some thickness and smooth shiny skin

That's what she said...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
its like the choice between skinny and curvy

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez /forum/post/16934138

Yeah, that was already talked about. Since it didn't come from Sony, I'm thinking it's some stupid knockoff thing, like the Chintendo Vii

Well it could be that the cease-and-desist came from the company manufacturing the PS3 in Taiwan. It does look awfully cheap in those pictures though.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds /forum/post/16934000

PS3 "Slim" Photos Result In Cease & Desist From Taiwanese Lawyers

Yeah, when I said that the picture was proven fake, I just meant that the "screencap" of the Amazon listing was photoshopped. I personally believe that the leaked factory shots of the Slim are real and that it will be announced at GamesCom or TGS. If the photos aren't authentic, Sony should address the matter directly, because anticipation of the new model is going to kill current sales.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru /forum/post/16934806

Yeah, when I said that the picture was proven fake, I just meant that the "screencap" of the Amazon listing was photoshopped. I personally believe that the leaked factory shots of the Slim are real and that it will be announced at GamesCom or TGS. If the photos aren't authentic, Sony should address the matter directly, because anticipation of the new model is going to kill current sales.

Imo, I think it is alrealdy killing the sales. TBH, I am myself holding of to see if I get a new PS3.

I'm undecided if I should wait a little for a price drop, or slim or should I get the 160GB model with Drake.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
get the 160GB model with Drake.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.