AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Yeah, I got an e-mail from them as I'd inquired about such. Very exciting. Mac support is a huge plus over one of the competing systems, the Sony LocationFree setup. Also like that that they have S-Video in as well as composite (another plus).

Only wish the SlingBox allowed for 2 inputs like the Sony system. I'd love to have control/access to both my Sat/DVR and my DVD jukebox.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanewalker
Only wish the SlingBox allowed for 2 inputs like the Sony system. I'd love to have control/access to both my Sat/DVR and my DVD jukebox.
According to a pal attending CES, a future firmware update will support multiple inputs.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz
According to a pal attending CES, a future firmware update will support multiple inputs.
That'd be great...but how would that work when there is only one set of A/V inputs on the box itself? Seems like it'd take more that a firmware update, but a box redesign/rebuild.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could use coax/rf for antenna or direct analog cable, and then use SVideo with the RCA audio jacks for something else (cable box, DVD player, etc). The inputs are pretty limited in this way, but it would still be a nice hack to easily expand the device.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.