AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got the IR blaster issue worked out and it's working great. Once again, I thank the slingbox support peeps... :D

Now, it's working at work and one of the things I've noticed is that the picture quality is okay at around 300kb, which is limited by the 380kb upload speed of my Comcast cable connection.

So, I've been thinking about upgrading to a faster download/upload package from Comcast for 10 dollars more a month. This would about double my upload speed to close to 700kb. I was wondering if anyone is running on upload speeds of about 700kb and how the picture quality is.

In my home wireless network, I get great picture at 1200kb. But I haven't seen picture quality at 700kb.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Comcast "gold tier" package, and my average upload speed is 695kbps.

On my home network, the video is usually about 1000kbps.

At work, I have a 1200kbps SBC/Yahoo DSL line, and I receive video at about 480kbps, and the quality is quite good!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanks909
I have the Comcast "gold tier" package, and my average upload speed is 695kbps.

On my home network, the video is usually about 1000kbps.

At work, I have a 1200kbps SBC/Yahoo DSL line, and I receive video at about 480kbps, and the quality is quite good!
i recently upgraded to the comcast top tier service as well (i think it was $10 more per month). i agree. it rocks. at the office right now watching the Big Lebowski on Comedy Channel...streaming at approx 530Kbps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, but I was wonder how big the screen is at around 500~700kb.

I asked about the upgrade, but I'm on their 6 month, 20 bucks per month plan. I might wait till sports season (the reason I really go it, to be honest, so that my brother can watch Nuggets/Broncos games from Hong Kong) to upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.