AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Slingbox over the weekend and setup was pretty much a breeze. About the only problem I had was that I had plugged in the Slingbox before I connected it to my network... unplugging/plugging the power resolved the problem. Embarassingly enough, I probably spent more time trying to figure out how to remove the Slingbox from the packaging without destroying the packaging (in case I needed to return it) than setting it up.

Anyway, I've read just about every post about the Slingbox in this forum and although it was brought up, it doesn't appear the latest update has addressed the problem where there is no List button on the Slingplayer remote. I've tried every button and nothing allows me to get to my saved shows. Will this be addressed soon?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other problem I've had is more of a problem with the DCT6412 than the Slingbox. At first, I couldn't see any of the overlays such as the guide or channel info from the Slingplayer even though I could see it on my TV. I changed the 4:3 setting to 480i which solved the problem. However, my Toshiba HD uses gray bars for 4:3 which, after an extended period of using it in this mode a few years ago, caused a minor discoloration on the screen where the gray bars were. To avoid the gray bars, I used to have to have the TV stretch the image which of course distorted the picture. Fortunately, the DCT6412 allows me to leave the TV at full widescreen since it has the option of outputting black bars for non-HD programming.

So I either have to lose the guide and saved shows to save my TV, or output 4:3 at 480i to allow access to the guide and (hopefully soon) saved shows but have my TV stretch my 4:3 programming to avoid the gray bars. Does anyone have another option?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,

Glad to hear setup was mostly painless. Regarding your questions:

* The LIST button is on its way, please email me directly and I will try to get it to you prior to the 'official' release

* I believe you can make these changes on the fly. Other users who I've communicated with have told me they've found workarounds this way, although I am not sure the exact settings they used. I will try to find out more information for you.

Best,

Jeremy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.