AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just finished building my first HTPC and would like to add my slingbox that is located on the other side of the state into windows media center. I have searched around and there does not seem to be much info on it, even from the slingbox website. Has anyone done this before? Maybe a plugin? Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm.... Okay, does any one know how to just create a plug in? Is it possible to add any program to play through WMC? I tried doing this last night with the slingbox "icon" but it wouldn't take. I am thinking there has to be an "app" specifically for this to happen.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pitt! I will give this a shot. It looks more prommising than what I have been trying. Makes me wonder why I cannot just add IE inside WMC. That would solve everything.

Thanks Again,

Bruce

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more question please. I can just do this script in notepad right? I am a noob at this stuff! If it wasn't for Assassins guides, I wouldn't have even attempted building a HTPC. Need to throw some cash (donation) to him!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Yep and change the file extension to .mcl

I actually think assassin has an mcl file for Pandora on his site. You could download that and use it as a template, changing the appropriate info to point to the sling player.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm curious how it works out. Please let us know if it works.

I don't like the web-based SlingPlayer. Every now and then it forces me to upgrade. Which is very annoying as my Slingbox never changes. I don't know if they some day decided to put spyware inside. Glad I saved a copy of the original SlingPlayer install program before it is pulled.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not run into the upgrade issue you are having. Although I have only had the box hooked up for a couple of months now. I only got the 350 because of the HDMI security issues. Didn't see the need for it because of not being local to access the wifi features. I will let you know if it works. Can't get to it tonight though.

Bruce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts