AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved my SlingBox from the office to my house. I reset the SlingBox to reset the default settings and detect the new network but the slingplayer is still not detecting it at my house.

Anyone else solved this problem?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Need a little more information. Do you have a router? Does the router show the device as connected? Wireless or cable? Any bridges? Does it work when you outside the house, or not at all?

Any lights on the SlingBox? Are they flashing or steady?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The router that is connected to the SlingBox is the Linksys RT3IP2. This is the Vonage router from Linksys.

The slingbox has both the power and network lights on. The laptop is on an Airport wireless network. The airport is connected to the Linksys router.

This is the same laptop that I used earlier to connect to this slingbox at the office. Plus I can connect from this laptop to another slingbox that i have in New York.

e

·
Registered
155 Posts
Run through the setup wizard again to fully configure your router and to update the Slingbox and to have it check in with the Finder service and update the information there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshanks
The router that is connected to the SlingBox is the Linksys RT3IP2. This is the Vonage router from Linksys.

The slingbox has both the power and network lights on. The laptop is on an Airport wireless network. The airport is connected to the Linksys router.

This is the same laptop that I used earlier to connect to this slingbox at the office. Plus I can connect from this laptop to another slingbox that i have in New York.

e

Hey eshanks,

sounds to me that you only soft-reset your slingbox. In order to reset to factory defaults (which you surely need to do after moving your slingbox), press and HOLD the reset button for about 5 seconds. it will then go thru a little light show for about 30 seconds or so.

i bet that solves the problem.

lemme know...

cheers,

blake

·
Registered
346 Posts
One other thing, make sure your router has DHCP active and is set to issue addresses. I found that I COULD NOT find and configure my Slingbox unless my router was set to do DHCP. You can assign the 'box a static IP and turn it off if you only use static IPs but it HAS to be on for the Slingbox to work at first installation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help. Turns out I had the airport configured to start a new range of IP addresses. So the SlingPlayer must have thought we weren't on the same network. So I connected the PC directly to the router and everything worked.

e :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.