AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm taking my Samsung HLP overseas w/ me and I'm going to use the Slingbox to stream my dishnetwork feed to a laptop or desktop.The sammy has a computer input on the back of it.Should I use it(the direct feed from the laptop) or should I use a desktop pc w/ a good video card built in?Will the picture quality be better by using a desktop pc versus the laptop?Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoone
Hi,I'm taking my Samsung HLP overseas w/ me and I'm going to use the Slingbox to stream my dishnetwork feed to a laptop or desktop.The sammy has a computer input on the back of it.Should I use it(the direct feed from the laptop) or should I use a desktop pc w/ a good video card built in?Will the picture quality be better by using a desktop pc versus the laptop?Any help would be appreciated!!!
Not a Sling Box expert, but I have to believe your quality is going to be limited by the streaming speed, not your video card if you have a laptop that is of recent vintage.

Go over to the Media Server forum and snoop around as that is where you will probably get better advice from users.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.