AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On your site, you have two installers - asking whether you have installed slingmedia on the computer before or not. If not, you end up downloading the full 60MB.

I suspect that this is because the installer also gets to install updated firmware on the slingbox.

It would be nice if you decouple the firmware installer from the client installer. If someone wants to install just the client, it should be a small download with just the client. All the information about remotes - which remote to install should be on the slingbox side - the installed client should poll the slingbox for its attached remotes and install them accordingly.

Why I raise this issue is that asking someone to download 60MB to try viewing my slingbox seems unreasonable - even with the high speed of DSL.

Navi

·
Registered
239 Posts
Navi,

The full installer actually includes the necessary Windows Media and DirectX components. If you have a PC that is fully up-to-date, you are welcome to download the smaller install package on your computer. We have found that this path is the most reliable to solve most users' needs.

Best,

Jeremy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.