AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a Slinke, now what? I tried several times to download the CDJ software from the Nirvis website, but when I try to install it I get a "corrupt CAB file" message.

I'm at a loss - without the CDJ software, I have no way to address the slinke with software.

I must be missing something obvious; it wouldn't be the first time.

FWIW, I do not have a jukebox. I'm just trying to use the slinke to send IR to my external components using either Girder and/or MainLobby.

I've tried searching the Nirvis Yahoo forum and reading the FAQ, but the discussion is focused on the CDJ application, which I cannot seem to load.

Any help?

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by K-Wood
Well, I have a Slinke, now what? I tried several times to download the CDJ software from the Nirvis website, but when I try to install it I get a "corrupt CAB file" message.

Ken

You mentioned you downloaded it several times. From recollection, this issue may come up when downloading at peak times or interruption of download from your ISP. I think it's safe to assume since you've tried several times you've eliminated this. I also remember that an antvirus program running may cause this. It's a long shot, but make sure no antivirus program is enabled and try again. If you already tried that...well I at least tried to help.:confused:

Post back if you figure it out. Good luck!

Bill

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Is it a zip'd file? I've had problems with my WinRar opening up files and had to reinstall it, just a thought.

Jim

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I don't think CDJ is of any use without a changer. I haven't used CDJ for years but I don't remember any general IR functions.

Mark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mark,

I think Ken wants the download CDJ for the "extras", not CDJ. Although Girder has a SlinkE plugin, to send/receive IR through the SlinkE, you need the SlinkE ActiveX control and the IR device files that only come with a full installation.

It's a great (although expensive) way to control you IR devices with your PC.

It's also a great way to control other Sony gear via S-Link commands.

David

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, thanks for the great tips. I re-downloaded (again) and this time the install worked. Now I can't get Slinke to find my serial port, but I'll keep working on it. Just one of many frustrations today!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.