AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys are having the same problem with On Demand with the "new" Fios? I am in the New York area and the old On Demand used to work great (speedy and no problems) now since the "new" Fios system the On Demand works very very slowly.

I called Verizon and they said they haven't heard of any problems like I'm having. They had me reset all my boxes and my modem, but that didn't help. (I have the Fios box QIP2500-3).

Any help or suggestions would be great!

TIA!

Rob

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
On Demand isn't as fast with the new software as the old.

Upgrading your Actiontec router to the latest firmware (v4.0.16.1.56.0.10.7) might help a little. Login to Verizon.net and download the firmware here . Once you've got the firmware, login to your router at http://192.168.1.1 using admin/password and select the Advanced -> Firmware Upgrade. Be sure to update the firmware over a wired (not wireless) connection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like how they say they havent heard of it. As if it's a surprise, please. Its also very slow for me.

The comcast on demand navigation is ugly and plain vanilla, but its more intuitive and faster while the fios is pretty, unintuitive and slow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts