AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Slysoft released version 6.5.0.2 of AnyDVD HD yesterday. Within hours they released version 6.5.0.3. I didn't get a chance to see what was in 6.5.0.2 but the latest version now allows me to play my iso rip of Horton Hears a Who. Unfortunately, it still doesn't get rid of the BD+ protection on X-Files 2. No doubt they're working hard on a fix for that one and will probably have it cracked very soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_video /forum/post/15411995

Slysoft released version 6.5.0.2 of AnyDVD HD yesterday. Within hours they released version 6.5.0.3. I didn't get a chance to see what was in 6.5.0.2 but the latest version now allows me to play my iso rip of Horton Hears a Who. Unfortunately, it still doesn't get rid of the BD+ protection on X-Files 2. No doubt they're working hard on a fix for that one and will probably have it cracked very soon.

I was finally able to rip the main movie to mkv of Horton Hears a Who also. Gotta love slysoft

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
I can hear the dialog now...

"Hey boss... look what those idiots did here... "

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumstate /forum/post/15413362

Oh, the agony. Should I buy before Dec 31 (20% off, lifetime updates) when I don't even have a BD player and don't expect to buy one for the foreseeable future, or should I hope there comes a crack for Linux?

Def, you will eventually need it if you plan on HD. Also works well for SD DVD's too. Got a friend in the same situation as you to buy it and he still is not doing HD but it did let him copy a couple of SD DVD's to his server that he wasn't able to before. Life time upgrades or yearly sub...your choice.

·
Registered
712 Posts
At this point in the game, I'd say it's a REQUIRED piece of software. And this isn't about pirating at all. It's about being able to play the movies that you BOUGHT on your own damn PC. In addition to helping yourself by buying AnyDVD-HD, you'll also be supporting the principle of fair-use and helping screw over the Sony and MPAA ever so slightly for all the grief they've caused you. Consider it a fight for the right...to PARTAYYYYY!!!!...whoops, I meant consumer rights.

·
Registered
882 Posts

Quote:

Oh, the agony. Should I buy before Dec 31 (20% off, lifetime updates) when I don't even have a BD player and don't expect to buy one for the foreseeable future, or should I hope there comes a crack for Linux?

I had the same dilemma. My current HTPC is starting to really show its age, doesn't even come close to what is required to play blu-ray and I don't plan on upgrading for some time. I went and bought it yesterday anyway. I can still make good use of the non-HD AnyDVD anyway. While I hope a linux solution comes along eventually, the slysoft guys really seem to have this thing nailed down pretty well. It sounds like it's really worth the money.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I still can not copy X File 2 tho.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumstate /forum/post/15415874

Why are some titles not cracked? (Batman, etc) Is there like a key for every release?

I wonder ... 6.5.0.2 did not unprotect several of the PotA discs, something quickly corrected the next day with 6.5.0.3.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
6.5.0.6 BETA works for X-Files 2...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Quote:

Now that they are moving to a subscription or pay-per-update pricing model, they could easily open-source older versions without significantly impacting their revenue stream.

If they were to adopt a policy of releasing the information, if not actual code, for how to crack the current - 1 or current - 2 round of copy-prevention attempts, I would probably sign up for a subscription today even without a BD drive for any of my computers - just because putting that information out in public means that they will no longer be a single target (point of failure) for the MAFIAA to take out via lawsuits or some other pernicious means.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, but if they released the information, it would mean their financial end, since more people could crack it and release some program for free. As for them being taken down, I hope they have everything on a server in some unknown country, programmed to go online if they are taken down... Boy, I watch too many spy movies!

Studios should stop this "cat and mouse" game, because it leads nowhere. I mean imagine average Joe that has to update the firmware for his blu-ray player next time the studios update their "locks". The whole Hi-def thing will never see any major market share in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.