AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Did reviews with screenshots use Slysoft?

Guess a 'enemy' state is the only safe place for such software now...

'Keep on rocking in the free world'

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wow, can't say I'm surprised but this seems to be a major blow to being able to store HD media.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm sure they're are other "rip" software available, however SlySoft always worked. Ugh... A friend told me to try DVD Fab (used years ago) and Acrok (downloaded the trial version). Then again, with so many streaming services do you really need to rip your collection to disc? Granted they never stream the movie you really want to watch at that moment. lol

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I happened to come across comments in another forum saying the Slysoft staff is already talking and planning a comeback.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Close the doors open up the next day under a new name and hit her again.

Would rather they just release it to the public for free and tell the FBI to stuff it.

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
FYI: more robust AVS forum discussion on this topic over here.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Close the doors open up the next day under a new name and hit her again.

Would rather they just release it to the public for free and tell the FBI to stuff it.
Without updates the software would be useless in a month or so. Releasing free is asinine. The developers need to regroup and release the same product under new name and location.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Makemkv works, but doesnt create an .iso for my media server. Still haven't found a reliable program. I tried 3 different bluray iso trial program. Each time it tried to read my blu ray it said "load failed" I'll buy whichever software works. But it needs to work first

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,149 Posts
Makemkv works, but doesnt create an .iso for my media server. Still haven't found a reliable program. I tried 3 different bluray iso trial program. Each time it tried to read my blu ray it said "load failed" I'll buy whichever software works. But it needs to work first
MakeMKV will create a decrypted full disc BDMV backup. You can use standard utilities to create an ISO file from that.

For details, see: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...nt-streaming/1336046-ripping-blu-rays-ii.html

-Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts