AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of BOSTON Micro 80E speakers (2) along with a Center Channel Micro 80C II speaker that I would love to hook up to a very small receiver in order to place in our living room on a nice small table. I like the size of the Boston Speakers and have always been impressed with their sound quality, which is why I am trying to do this "make-shift". Any thoughts on a good way to do this? I have a very small DVD player I have been using as a CD player that I can hook up with this small stereo. Mostly it will be for my wife and daughter to use during the day for her violin lessons/classical music; however, I am sure I'll be playing some Glass Harp/Phil Keaggy on it from time to time.

Thoughts? This is my first post so let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may want to consider the Marantz NR1605 which is a slim-line 50W 7CH AVR which could easily handle your 3 speakers.
I was just reading up on these Boston speakers that they were originally part of an 8000 surround sound system. They are the "effects" speakers, per se. Will they work as main speakers or no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts