AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an HDTV display that will work in a small bedroom? I'm trying to find a set that won't dominate the room but ALSO won't be obsolete 10 years from now.

I went to my local Tweeter to check out the 27" Sony WEGA, but I saw a Samsung 27" showing 480p that blew it away. Anyway, NEW Samsung models have come out capable of 480p and 1080i HDTV. Right now I'm thinking of the 16:9 30" Samsung HDTV. I think that's the largest model that won't look bizarre in my bedroom. A second option might be to get the 4:3 27" model, save mucho $$$$, and stick with 480p.

Is it even worth it to buy an HDTV in the 27" - 30" size? What should I get instead?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Take a look at the Princeton Arcadia series of monitors. They have a variety of reasonably priced 27-36" 4:3 sets and a very nice 30" 16:9 reference monitor.

I've got their 27" 4:3 set and am very happy with it. Until I am ready to get into a big screen, this one suits me well and was very inexpensive compared with the other monitors available at the time.
www.prgr.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.