AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have moved and I need some advice on a new HT set-up for a very constrained environment. The rear/surround speakers are in-ceiling, but the LC and R are a difficulty. The 47 Bravia LED TV sits on a cabinet in an alcove to the right of the fireplace, and there is no space for L & R speakers, and the cabinet is not open so speakers cannot go in there. As wall mounting is also out of the question, I think I have three options. The setup in controlled through a Sony DN1050 receiver. I intend to add a Sub as well (I have an older Atlantic Technology one but may use that in the basement).

1) Put a passive soundbar/LCR array on the floor and angle it up. But the space beneath the cabinet is only 5" x 36".

2) Mount the same speaker to the top of the TV using boomerang brackets. But I worry about stability, especially as the lightest reasonable passive soundbars I have seen are 10 lbs or over.

3) Elevate the TV using a riser (or a nice wooden box) and put the soundbar on the cabinet in front of the TV. In this setup, I worry about appearance because the riser probably wouldn't match the existing cabinet.

I have looked into a number of options, including the Klipsch G-42, Paradigm Millenia Trio, Def Tech SSA3 and SSA-42, Episode 300 30", Triad MicroSat 3.0, at Atlantic Technology FS-4000.

The shops around here don't seem to carry these models (the Paradigm dealer has Millenia speakers, which sounded very good, but no Trios). I'd welcome any suggestions on installation options and choice of soundbar. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics

I'd be happy to but based on further conversations, I am at this point pretty set on putting the passive soundbar on the cabinet and elevating the TV with a riser so the soundbar doesn't block it. Thanks for the consideration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts