AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The HT project is for later, but we will get the basement done this winter and I need a couple tips so I can plan for later..

1) First of all, Which orientation should I go with, should I put the screen on the 13` wall or on the 16` wall?

2) Can I expect to be able to put a 70 to 80inchs screen (projector) and have 5 to 6 HT seats, without being too close to the screen?

3) Is carpet flooring really a must, or could it be laminated flooring?

Thanks !

·
Registered
500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-cimo /forum/post/17015747

The HT project is for later, but we will get the basement done this winter and I need a couple tips so I can plan for later..

1) First of all, Which orientation should I go with, should I put the screen on the 13` wall or on the 16` wall?

you could go either way ... 13' wall you could do 2 rows of 3 seats while still having a decent ( 100" + screen ... 6.5 ft for riser ) but that may push the back row against the back wall which is not good for surround effect ... or a bar behind the first row would be even better so you can keep the back row a few feet away from the back wall

using the 16' wall you could fit 5 ... maybe 6 seats in one row ... just check projectorcentral.com and their calculator as you would need a short throw projector so some research is required there

Quote:

2) Can I expect to be able to put a 70 to 80inchs screen (projector) and have 5 to 6 HT seats, without being too close to the screen?

you can probably go larger than that ... again projectorcentral.com

Quote:

3) Is carpet flooring really a must, or could it be laminated flooring?

Thanks !

Carpeting is recommended to help with acoustics and early reflections ... all depends how important the acoustics of the room will be to you ... you could go laminate and then add a throw rug up front to help tame the first reflections

At this point you should also be considering whether you want to sound proof the room both to keep the sound in as well as to keep the noise from the rest of the house out ... a good place to start researching that is www.soundproofingcompany.com in their library articles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.