AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mancave that served primary Tv duty is going to need some replacement gear because im moving the gear to the family room. The room measures 10x14 (its a spare bedroom). I know that generally HTiB systems are pretty crappy but with a aroom this size will i really know the difference?

Budget is around 600 max with sub and receiver (ya i know). Im looking for 5.1, obviously im not expecting the world at this pricepoint. Ive looked at definitive tech and onkyo HTiB systems online and im looking for ideas or opinions. Is this idea totally bad?

To give you an idea of what is in there currently I have: 5x energy rc-10s arranged in 5.1, a svs pc-12 nsd sub and an onkyo 707 receiver. Honestly this system is extreme overkill for such a small room and I know that my budget on its replacement gear limits the quality but what is my best bet for something decent for gaming and movies?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Um Personally I would just use your current set up in the newer room. You can always turn the volume down and it will not be over kill

But the smaller system I would recommend Denon DHT-591ba

Again though I would just move your "overkill" set-up into your smaller room and it will really make the room come alive. And if you have a significant other complaining about it being over kill give them the $600 to shut up. You are saving 600 by keeping your current system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops i wasnt very clear in my original post. Im moving my current setup into the living room and im looking for something to replace it with in the smaller room. It does indeed rock in there but its gotta go into the big room.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you. I checked out the Denon DHT-591ba at Bestbuy on black friday, it's an excellent value for the money. I was also considering the Onkyo HT-S6300 though there are no dealers here where i can sample it. Both are around the $500-600 price range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.